Calendar :: Volume 03, Issue 09
- George Wyman became the first person to travel across America in a motorized vehicle, from San Francisco to New York, 1903.
- The Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution began by Chairman Mao Zhedong, 1966.
- New York Stock Exchange was founded, 1792.
- Edward Jenner was born, 1749. He developed a new medical concept called a vaccination.
- Haley's comet was seen from the earth, 1910.
- Mount St. Helens erupted, 1980.
- Britain first applied "summer time" (Daylight Savings Time), 1916.
- Charles Lindbergh began his solo transatlantic flight, 1927.
- American National Red Cross founded, 1881.
- Charles Lindbergh landed in Paris, France, 1927.
- Benjamin Franklin created his own pair of bifocals, 1785.
- Nylon was first produced by Dr. Wallace Carothers, a research chemist at Du Pont laboratories, 1934.
- Samuel F.B. Morse sent first telegraph message, 1844.
- The Brooklyn Bridge opened, 1883.
- Dr. John Harvey Kellogg applied for a patent for flaked cereal, 1884.