Odd-n-Ends :: Gambling Addiction Self-Test
(as seen in LEADERSHIP Magazine)
The National Council on Problem Gambling offers a 24-hour hotline: 1-800-522-4700. Their website (www.ncpgambling.org) also offers resources and a directory of counselors. Here is one of their diagnostic tools:
- Have you often gambled longer than you had originally planned?
- Have you often gambled until your last dollar was gone?
- Have thoughts of gambling caused you to lose sleep?
- Have you used your income or savings to gamble while letting bills go unpaid?
- Have you made unsuccessful attempts to stop gambling?
- Have you broken the law or considered breaking the law to finance your gambling?
- Have you borrowed money to finance your gambling?
- Have you felt depressed or suicidal because of your gambling losses?
- Have you been remorseful after gambling?
- Have you gambled to get money to meet your financial obligations?