Odds-n-Ends :: 18 Percenters
So if 18 percent of Americans think Obama is a Muslim, is that a large number or a small one?
Consider that 18 percent of Americans also:
- Strongly believe that climate change is real, human-caused, and harmful.
- Believe the sun revolves around the earth.
- Affiliate with a mainline Protestant church.
- Believe it is definitely true that human beings developed over millions of years from less-advanced forms of life.
- Do not use the Internet.
- Have read a book written by James Dobson.
- Think charitable organizations do a very good job running their programs and services.
- Are very confident they will meet their retirement savings goals by the time they retire.
- Don't buckle their seatbelts.
- Believe creatures such as Bigfoot and the Loch Ness Monster will be discovered by science one day.
- Can name freedom of religion as one of the freedoms guaranteed by the First Amendment.
(Christianity Today, October 2010)